YCT Looking To Hire
YCT Rabbinical School in NYC is seeking to fill a temporary position of Coordinator of Student Services.
Duration: last week of March - end of June 2006
Hours: Part- to Full-Time/Flexible (at least 20 hours per week). It is highly preferred that the hours include 12-2:30pm Monday-Thursday.
Reports: to Director of Operations
- Maintains YCT's entire daily schedule and communicates it to all
members of YCT community: faulty, students, administrators
- Maintains clear communication with the Kraft Center administration
about security and all matters related to it.
- Maintains communication with students regarding schedules, class
cancellations, and student life events.
- Troubleshoots any class changes and cancellations. Effectively and
efficiently communicates all relevant changes to students verbally and in
- Schedules admissions interviews, addresses prospective student inquiries, etc.
- Prepares and sends out acceptance and rejection letters
- Assures completeness of all application files
- Assists with other projects as needed
- Proactively assists the Placement Coordinator in all placement duties.
- Communicates job opportunities to students and alumni attempting to change jobs.
- Serves as the first point of contact for calls from congregations, Hillels, day schools interested in YCT rabbi. Forwards information
gathered to the Placement Coordinator.
- Meets with student committees to plan special programming
- Implements programming
This person must super organized, detail-oriented, flexible, cooperative, and patient. Prior professional experience in a university setting and/or student services a plus.
Present Director of Student Services will train.